One young man, One old car. Endless enjoyment

Friday 22 April 2011

many wheels in my garage

hello all,

As you all may know, i have a rather large garage at present. Although i live less than 1km away from my workplace i find it necessary to have not 2, not 3, but 4 vehicles all in various states of running order.
This blog will focus on my AE85 but to understand why i have this you must understand why i have it and how it will all work out for me.

To do this i will do a brief feature on the vehicles that have been and gone, or have been then blown up, crashed or otherwise just not quite sold yet.

But firstly we have to know where it all started for me as a 14 year old kid.

doing work experience for a panel beater is all fun for me learning new skills in my spare time. what i was unaware of is that i was about to be paid with a set of keys to a rego on hold corolla.


i owned the car for a bit, never actually legally putting it back on the road but still took it for a hoon up and down the road a few times. got a parking ticket for $400 (no reg or wof) then sold it on to a guy who then dumped it still leaving in my name... cue very much grrrr.

this car for me wasn't the start of my car obsession but was still a very proud part of my life as it was the first car i ever owned. however shit it may have been.

it was however the car that started my love for the older variety of Japanese engineering.

we all have to start somewhere...

keep an eye out for the next installment when i introduce you to, or refresh your memory on the legacy...

jimjim.


No comments:

Post a Comment