One young man, One old car. Endless enjoyment

Sunday 21 August 2011

Return Voyage

Today marked the unexpected return of the Tofu Shop 85. The car was completed last week, but due to the extremities of the weather this past week it was simply to risky to get my car, without windows, from Sheldon at Motorsport Developments.
The plan today was to swap the mini for my car as they both live at the same workshop and it needs some cage love from sheldon so taking my car back would kill two birds with one stone.
This is said mini...




Today is the first day i have seen the cage complete with seat mounts, side intrusion bars, harness mount bar and rear strut brace welded in. to my eyes it looks awesome. fully stoked with it. i can't wait to bolt my seats up and harness myself up and have a pretend hoon in my first ever rollcaged car...
Any way the car was promptly loaded up and we were on our way, Off to the west Coast...




So the cars baack in the shop, Now my next job is getting it all nicely documented for motorsport new zealand then get to sanding and prep for paint inside the car and the engine bay. I will post up some nicer photos next time as well as keep everyone up to date with what im taking off and if anything new comes up...

Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment