One young man, One old car. Endless enjoyment

Friday 6 May 2011

I Want Dat One

With the trusty Camry heating up a bit to fast and a girlfriend that needs to learn to drive the Camry got a warrant and went into the garage. But a few months earlier i had spotted a tidy Datsun Bluebird owned by a friend of a friend. I definitely liked the car there was no arguing that. the months passed and the Camry was playing up. i needed a new car. the Bluebird came to mind. i showed my interest in buying the car but received a fairly blunt response. That being a no. Mind you im not one to let things go that easy. over the next few weeks the convincing began and i was soon on a plane to pick up my new car.


Riding low on standard wheels, Nice standard wheels... but they wouldn't do. I had a set of wheels sitting round off the Starlet that didn't quite look right on it. measuring 15x7.5 inch with a 0 offset they are very retro and deserved a good car. win win.  Some 165 50 15 tires were purchased and stretch exploded on by me and good friend Reuben Bemrose (owner of Blazd... NZPC...) fitted onto the car the night i got it back from Auckland.


as far as modifications go the car is very standard inside and out minus the wheels. It features cusco adjustable rear suspension and lowering springs and short shocks up front, halogen head lights and a awesome set of rear window louvers. The car has served me well so far after a few minor adjustments like new plugs and leads and a slight points adjustment. has taken me and friends to events such as NZPC Hardpark. Watch out the car is in the next magazine from what im told. 



The car also allowed me to compete in my first motorsport event at Slipway doing multiple slides, skids and having a slight altercation with the tire wall on the finish line... Not to worry all fun and games.


Now due to circumstances, circumstances being i want to put a roll cage in my AE85 and people, that shit aint cheap! so if your interested drop me a line and show me the money. until the day of sale, toot if ya see me  you will probably get a wave.

till next time
jimbob

No comments:

Post a Comment